It's been a busy few months, both in my everyday life and with my writing. Obviously, there's a global pandemic going on, and it's affected my personal life, as it's affected everyone else. But I'm trying to not let it impact the publishing of my book. In the middle of May, I reached the point where I knew the plot was as good as it was going to get. Is it perfect? No. But it's the best I can make it with my current skill level. So I moved onto line edits. I had a big list of words to remove that would make things stronger and more concise. That list took a lot longer to go through than I thought it would. Some words, I couldn't go through all the instances in one sitting. But there were a couple words on the list where I had one or even zero uses. Once I was done with the line edits, I decided to try out a piece of advice I'd seen a few times: have your computer read your book to you. So I downloaded a text-to-speech add-on for Chrome and pasted the chapters one at a time onto the page. Except I followed another piece of advice, and started with the last chapter and went backward. This enabled me to focus on the words and not the plot. There were a lot more typos than I thought there were, and a few sentences that sounded a bit strange when said out loud. Overall, a great method that I will use again. And then came the scary step: sending the book to an editor. It was also an exciting step. So while I wait for her to make my book shine, I'm making attempts at the back cover blurb. My current attempt is on the books page of my website if you want to check it out.